In an effort to provide community services to an underserved population in southern Dallas County, Texas, KAI worked with Parkland Health and Hospital System to reimagine RedBird Mall as a live, work and play destination for community change. The result is Parkland’s new community-based C.V. Roman Health Center, a much-needed healthcare services provider for RedBird and the surrounding areas, including Duncanville, DeSoto, Cedar Hill, Lancaster and Glenn Heights.
As part of the Omniplan team, KAI provided programming, architectural support and MEP/FP Engineering on the one-story, 40,000-square-foot clinic which officially opened to the public in November 2021.
The $10 million C.V. Roman Health Center offers adult, pediatric and geriatric preventative and primary care services. It also provides lab, pharmacy, radiology, optometry, nutrition and podiatry services, as well as behavioral health services for all ages in a private area with a special waiting room and play therapy space for children. The health center is expected to provide 18,000 primary care visits and 23,000 women’s specialty health visits each year. Of the clinic’s 36 exam rooms, six exam rooms and one procedure room are dedicated to women’s care.
Additional features of the new clinic include:
- An on-site clinical laboratory with point-of-care testing capabilities
- A women’s and infant clinic
- A physical therapy and rehab suite with gym and two treatment rooms
- On-site radiology including two sonogram rooms and X-ray
- Mammography screenings
- Large group therapy consult room
- Optometry and podiatry space
- On-site social worker and dietitian offices
- On-site patient financial services with six private consult spaces
Photography courtesy of Omniplan