Dallas County South Government Center and Sheriff Training Academy Project
As the coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to impact regions throughout the world, Source S&P, along with our trade partners, are encouraged to work collaboratively as a team to ensure we keep our project safe, as well as, keep our families and co-workers healthy. The Source S&P Team responded immediately at the start of this pandemic with identifying requirements to work safely, documenting a meaningful plan aligned with OSHA Standards, and implementing a strategy that supported the Dallas County Mandate for Construction Operations.
During these difficult times, we require that all employees cooperate in taking steps to reduce the transmission of infectious disease in the workplace. With the help of the CDC and Orders issued by Dallas County Judge Clay Jenkins, we have implemented the following guidelines and encourage employees and trade partners to take the following precautions:
- Mandatory temperature checks of all workers before they leave home, prior to entering the jobsite, and before the end of their shift. If a contractor or employee has a temperature above 99.6 degrees Fahrenheit, then that person(s) is to be sent home immediately
- Keep a 6-foot distance between people at all times, unless the work being performed requires multiple individuals for the safety of the workers
- Wear facemasks/face coverings while working within close proximity of others (minimum 6-feet)
- Stop Shaking Hands
- Frequently wash hands with soap and water. Wash hands for a minimum of 20 seconds. Adequate supply of soap and/or hand sanitizer will be maintained
- Cover your mouth with a tissue or shirt sleeve whenever you sneeze or cough
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Hold meeting in outdoors or in open well-ventilated spaces
- Use video conference to meet when possible
- Avoid crowded places and large gatherings
- Discard used tissues in trash
- Limit Food Sharing
- Stay at home if you feel sick or have sick family member at home
- Clean and disinfect surfaces frequently (phones and cell phones, countertops, light switches, keyboards, toilets, doorknobs, sinks, faucets, toilets, etc.)
The Source S&P Team will continue to monitor this situation closely and will share information regularly with team members as well as stakeholders associated with this historic project. The website, www.cdc.gov, is a resource that our team and your team can use to stay informed of the most current safety guidelines and policies. Our goal is to protect all trade partners, employees, and family members. We’ll get through this crisis together!
Story Originally Published by the Regional Black Contractors Association.