Acts as the primary project point of contact and liaison between the Owner/Program Management Team and Contractor. Responsible for the internal and external success of project design, schedule, deliverables and budgets. Facilitates a collaborative team within a multi-discipline environment and maximizes the use of resources to improve design and build collaboration. Develops project objectives, exercises independent judgment in achieving project objectives, and manages team members to meet the Project’s needs. Responsible for coordinating assigned personnel and/or consultants to complete project within budget, scope of work and schedule. Responsible for: client satisfaction, project budget performance, additional service requests/change orders, schedule, staffing, quality, and contractor performance.
Successful candidate will have significant Design-Build experience as Owner’s Representative on large (>$300M Construction Value) projects/programs. Airport experience is desired but not required. Will be part of an overall Program Management Team and assigned to a large Design-Build project within the Program, representing the Owner from the design through project closeout.
Level: Licensed; 10+ Years of Experience
Reports to: President of 360 C.S.
- Acts according to the Company Core Values.
- Accountable for technical and design excellence, overall construction quality and client satisfaction of each assigned project.
- Responsible for project performance and stakeholder communication
- Strategic planning advisor to Program Management and Owner executive teams
- Manage or direct the delivery of high profile, complex Large and Special Projects
- Industry expert within construction industry
- Document and teach lessons learned across Program
- Project delivery guidance and mentoring
- Providing timely and regular feedback on performance to downstream reports
- Acknowledgement/Recognition of fellow team member performance and providing visibility of such actions to program leadership
- May Include:
- Group/task leadership
- Forecasting and planning
- Develop and lead trainings on delivery
- Plans, directs, and coordinates project to ensure client goals or objectives are accomplished by meeting the established requirements within prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
- Responsible for overall project delivery (scope, cost, schedule, quality, safety, information management) on project assignments
- Manages project through completion (Closeout) in accordance with program objectives
- Manages pre-bid and post-bid meetings, prepares recommendation of award for Owner approval
- Manages all budget, schedule, scope, and construction contracts, documents procedures and controls for assigned projects
- Leads the design review and cost estimate review process for the assigned projects
- Reviews and approves consultant and contractor pay applications and change orders
- Attends meetings and assures that meeting minutes during design and construction are issued by A/E
- During construction, responsible for coordinating with Owner and staff daily
- Responsible for coordination of contractor activity at job site
- Reviews and expedites contractor pay applications and other documentation (change order requests, RFI logs, submittal logs, shop drawing submittal and approval logs, etc.)
- Confirms that the A/E and GC expedite the submittal, review and approval of shop drawings, requests for information and change orders
- Bachelor or advanced degree from accredited College or University in Engineering, Construction Management, or Architecture required.
- Ten or more years of experience in the profession. Experience in managing mid-sized to large-sized projects and teams required.
- Formal project management certification from CMAA, PMI, DBIA, PSMJ, or similar is preferred
- Excellent written, graphic and verbal communication skills are required.
- Strong A/E/C technical knowledge and coordination skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build rapport and lead project teams and clients required.
- Leadership assessment and subsequent leadership training.
- Participation in in-house continuing education, workshops, and conferences.
- Participate in company-wide activities.
- Professional participation in presenting in-house education and professional development.
- Appropriate additional or advanced ongoing training in A/E/C industry project management software, presentation skills, BIM, and 3D Modeling software.
- Membership and Representation of KAI in professional and industry organizations.
- Participation in Volunteer Community / Civic organization(s) as KAI Ambassador.