Primary Point of Contact and liaison between contractors, sub-contractors, Client and Design Team. Responsible for internal and external success of project (i.e. Construction, Schedule and Budgets). Develops project objectives and coordinates execution of contractual obligations. Exercises independent judgment in achieving project objectives, managing team members in order to meet client’s needs. Responsible for directing and coordinating assigned personnel (i.e. Site Superintendents and contractors) to complete project safely and within budget and schedule.
Level: 10+ Years of Experience
Reports to: Director of Design-Build
- Point of contact between owner, contractors and design team.
- Develop draft schedule and budget.
- Lead the buy-out and project set-up process.
- Prepare subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Experienced in resolving client, internal and external conflicts related to construction.
- Overall project coordination.
- Create positive team environment.
- Ability to monitor and project all project costs, billings, and cash flow.
- Responsible for all correspondence and documentation for the construction project.
- Work strategically with the site superintendent.
- Ability to review and follow specifications, drawings, and construction cost budget.
- Ability to identify any constructability issues as well as site logistics.
- Coordinates with site superintendent on construction activities.
- Insure proper quality control measures take place prior to all critical installations.
- Project forecasting – cash flows, estimated cost at completion, project margins.
- Follow up after completion of the project, maintain contact with the owner during the guarantee period.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Must have Construction Management, Architectural or Engineering Bachelor’s Degree
- Preconstruction/Estimating experience is a plus.
- At least 10+ years experience as a Project Manager or Sr. Project Engineer primarily in $5M+ commercial, institutional, educational, and/or healthcare facilities.
- Exercises independent judgment in achieving project objectives.
- Manage team members to meet client’s needs.