Acts as the primary point of contact and liaison between the Owner/Client and design team. Responsible for the internal and external success of project design, schedule, deliverables and budgets. Facilitates a collaborative team within a multi-discipline environment and maximizes the use of resources to improve design and build collaboration, increase profit per project, and improve the value-added building strategies provided by KAI. Develops project objectives, exercises independent judgment in achieving project objectives, and manages team members to meet the Owner’s/Client’s needs. Responsible for coordinating assigned personnel and/or consultants to complete project within budget, scope of work and schedule.
Responsible for: safety, client satisfaction, project budget performance, additional service requests/change orders, schedule, staffing in coordination with department directors, mobilization, quality, profit target, accounts receivable and sales.
Reports to: Senior Project Manager
- Coordination with subcontractors and field staff throughout the end of the preconstruction phase through the construction phase including project closeout.
- Assists with project buyout.
- Assists with monthly financial projections.
- Attends and documents Owner/Architect/Contractor meetings.
- Assists with review and approval of Monthly Pay Request Forms from subcontractors.
- Assists with review and processing of Submittals, Shop Drawings, RFI’s, ASI’s, ESI’s, and CO’s.
- Assists site superintendent maintaining and updating the project schedule.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or Engineering or qualified years in the industry.
- 5 years or more experience with commercial, institutional or educational facilities.
- Exercises independent judgment in achieving project objectives.