Our Senior Project Engineer is a key project team member with significant project involvement working with and supporting both the Project Manager, the Project Superintendent, subcontractors, vendors, and the Owner/Client. The Senior Project Engineer must have good attention to detail with regards to project controls, project finances, plans, specifications, and document management. The position requires the individual to have the ability to manage projects and serve in the capacity of a Project Manager on an appropriately sized project demonstrating the abilities and skills for advancement.
Level: Experienced 5+ years
Reports to: Sr. Project Manager
- Coordination with subcontractors and field staff throughout the end of the preconstruction phase through the construction phase including project closeout.
- Assists with project buyout.
- Assists with monthly financial projections.
- Attends and documents Owner/Architect/Contractor meetings.
- Assists with review and approval of Monthly Pay Request Forms from subcontractors.
- Assists with review and processing of Submittals, Shop Drawings, RFI’s, ASI’s, ESI’s, and CO’s.
- Assists site superintendent maintaining and updating the project schedule.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or Engineering or qualified years in the industry.
- 5 years or more experience with commercial, institutional or educational facilities.
- Exercises independent judgment in achieving project objectives.