Entry level, pre-graduation. Performs as member of team to collaborate with design and technical team members under supervision of the experienced engineer. Assists team in completion of assigned design or technical documentation. Able to collaborate within a multi-discipline team environment.
Office Location: St. Louis, MO and Dallas-Fort Worth, TX
Level: Entry Level
Reports to: Engineering Office Leader
- Enrolled in 3rd year or later, pursuing a professional degree at ABET accredited College of Architecture or Engineering.
- Basic knowledge and proficiency in Revit and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, OneNote, and Outlook)
- Basic knowledge in other 3D software calculation programs is also valuable (AGi32, SKM, etc.). d) Basic knowledge of Bluebeam is also valuable.
- Strong written, graphic, and verbal communication skills.
- Time management skills, ability to handle multiple tasks deadlines is valuable.
- Strong academic, creative, or /design/technical portfolio is preferred.
- Capable of fundamental thinking and logical problem solving.
- Emerging presentation and organizational skills preferred.
Potential Internship Experiences & Opportunities
- Electrical Power, Lighting, and Fire Alarm Design
- Technical Document Development
- Construction/Site Observation
- Leadership & Management Engagement Forums
- Professional Training
- Marketing, Sales and Presentation Support
- Team Building, Company Outings and Industry Connectivity
At KAI, our company mission is “Transforming Communities” through integrated design and construction excellence. We are driven by our five core values; we are Faithful Stewards, we Listen to Understand, Give Back, Love One Another, and we Hustle! Our mission and our values drive our culture and spirit.
For more than 40 years, we have provided delivery-oriented building solutions with a diverse portfolio of experience, in-house multi-discipline professionals and expertise in both design and construction. KAI has played a significant role in dozens of award-winning projects providing Architecture, Interiors, MEP/FP engineering, and construction services throughout the United States. KAI projects have been instrumental in improving the quality of life and environment in communities across the country.
Our primary operations hubs are centered in Atlanta, Dallas-Fort Worth, and St. Louis. KAI is proud to be an MBE-Certified AEC firm built upon a foundation of teamwork and collaboration.