Entry level, pre-graduation. The student intern shall perform as a member of a team to collaborate with design and technical professionals under the supervision of an experienced architect. The student intern shall assist a team in completion of assigned design or technical documentation. The student intern should be able to collaborate within a multi-discipline team environment.
Office Location: St. Louis, MO and Dallas-Fort Worth, TX
Level: Entry Level
Reports to: Architectural Studio Leader
- Enrolled in 3rd year or later, pursuing a professional degree at NAAB accredited College of Architecture.
- Basic knowledge and proficiency in Revit and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Basic knowledge in other 3D software graphic programs is also valuable (SketchUp, Lumion, Enscape, etc.).
- Basic knowledge of Bluebeam and Adobe Creative Suite is also valuable.
- Strong written, graphic, and verbal communication skills.
- Time management skills, ability to handle multiple tasks deadlines and is valuable.
- Strong academic, creative, or /design/technical portfolio is preferred.
- Emerging presentation and organizational skills preferred.
- Capable of conceptual thinking and logical problem solving.
Potential Internship Experiences & Opportunities
- Marketing, Sales, and Presentation Support
- Programming & Planning
- Architectural Design and Technical Document Development
- Construction /Site Observation
- Leadership & Management Engagement Forums
- Professional Training
- Team Building, Company Outings, and Industry Connectivity
At KAI, our company mission is “Transforming Communities” through integrated design and construction excellence. We are driven by our five core values; we are Faithful Stewards, we Listen to Understand, Give Back, Love One Another, and we Hustle! Our mission and our values drive our culture and spirit.
For more than 40 years, we have provided delivery-oriented building solutions with a diverse portfolio of experience, in-house multi-discipline professionals and expertise in both design and construction. KAI has played a significant role in dozens of award-winning projects providing Architecture, Interiors, MEP/FP engineering, and construction services throughout the United States. KAI projects have been instrumental in improving the quality of life and environment in communities across the country.
Our primary operations hubs are centered in Atlanta, Dallas-Fort Worth, and St. Louis. KAI is proud to be an MBE-Certified AEC firm built upon a foundation of teamwork and collaboration.