The purpose of this position is to be responsible for design, development, implementation, analysis of the design and project management of engineering systems.
Level: Professional Engineer Licensed; 5 Plus Years of Experience
Reports to: Director of Electrical Engineering
- Perform engineering design evaluations and lead project engineering design, specific to Electrical Engineering
- Perform independent design of lighting and power systems
- Analyze existing electrical systems for buildings
- Have thorough knowledge of the National Electric Code and International Energy Code for Commercial Buildings
- Have ability to design lighting systems, perform photometric analysis, electrical short circuit analysis, energy code calculations, and building power load analysis
- Recommend alterations to development and design to improve quality
- Prepares engineering analysis of projects, to include: preliminary design, budget analysis, calculations, life cycle costs, and equipment selection
- Prepares drawings and layouts; proficient in Revit and/or AutoCAD
- Prepares technical construction specifications
- Reviews the development of designs for compliance with applicable codes, adopted engineering standards, and good engineering practices.
- Performs field observations as part of the construction quality assurance process
- Assist with project schedules and assign work to team as needed
- Deliver technical presentations to internal and external audiences as required as part of the design process
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned
- Effective communication skills: Able to clearly present information through the spoken or written word; reads and interprets complex information; listens well.
- Demonstrates leadership skills: Able to assume a role of authority, as necessary; sets an example for coworkers and takes personal accountability for decisions.
- High accuracy and attention to detail: Able to perform work and job function with precision and accuracy; realizes errors can have significant impact on desired results and is able to avoid errors in almost all circumstances; carefully monitors processes; concentrates on details and organizes and maintains a system of records.
- Design: Generates creative solutions; translates concepts and information into images; uses feedback to modify designs; applies design principles; demonstrates attention to detail.
- Code and Mathematical knowledge required: Knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local building codes and safety laws. Work requires advanced math skills, special relationship abilities, and the ability to understand “abstract” principles behind math and physics.
- Computer skills required: Microsoft Windows environment, Microsoft Office: Word, PowerPoint, Excel; AutoCAD, Revit, 3D CAD, BIM system experience
- Required Certifications: BS Electrical Engineering, PE Licensure