The purpose of this position is to be responsible for design, development, implementation, analysis of the design and project management of engineering systems.
Level: Licensed Professional Engineer; 5+ Years of Experience
Reports to: Director of Electrical Engineering
Supervises: 1 to 4 Designers
- Perform engineering design evaluations and lead project engineering design, specific to Electrical Engineering
- Analyze existing electrical systems for buildings
- Have thorough knowledge of the National Electric Code
- Have ability to design lighting systems, perform photometric analysis, electrical short circuit analysis, energy code compliance calculations, and building power load analysis
- Prepare engineering analysis of projects, to include: preliminary design, budget analysis, calculations, life cycle costs, and equipment selection
- Prepare drawings and layouts; proficient in Revit and/or AutoCAD
- Prepare technical construction specifications
- Performs field observations as part of the construction quality assurance process
- Assist with project schedules and assign work to team as needed
- Deliver technical presentations to internal and external audiences as required as part of the design process
- Effective Communication skills: Able to clearly present information through the spoken or written word; reads and interprets complex information; listens well.
- Demonstrates Leadership Skills: Able to assume a role of authority, as necessary; sets an example for coworkers and takes personal accountability for decisions.
- High Accuracy and Attention to Detail: Able to perform work and job function with precision and accuracy; realizes errors can have significant impact on desired results and is able to avoid errors in almost all circumstances; carefully monitors processes; concentrates on details and organizes and maintains a system of records.
- Design: Generates creative solutions; translates concepts and information into images; uses feedback to modify designs; applies design principles; demonstrates attention to detail.
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Windows environment, Microsoft Office: Word, PowerPoint, Excel; AutoCAD, Revit, SKM, Visual, AGI32
- Required Certifications: BS Electrical Engineering, PE License