The purpose of this position is to be responsible for design, development, implementation, analysis of the design and project management of engineering systems.
Level: Licensed Professional Engineer; 10 Plus Years of Experience
Reports to: Director of Electrical Engineering
Supervises: 1 to 6 Engineers and Designers
- Perform engineering design evaluations and lead project engineering design, specific to Electrical Engineering
- Have thorough knowledge of the National Electric Code
- Have ability to design lighting systems, electrical short circuit analysis, energy code compliance calculations, and building power load analysis
- Prepare engineering analysis of projects, to include: preliminary design, budget analysis, calculations, life cycle costs, and equipment selection
- Prepare drawings and layouts; proficient in Revit and/or AutoCAD
- Prepare technical construction specifications
- Performs field observations as part of the construction quality assurance process
- Assist with project schedules and assign work to team as needed
- Deliver technical presentations to internal and external audiences as required as part of the design process
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Effective communication skills: Able to clearly present information through the spoken or written word; reads and interprets complex information; listens well.
- Demonstrates leadership skills: Able to assume a role of authority, as necessary; sets an example for coworkers and takes personal accountability for decisions.
- High accuracy and attention to detail: Able to perform work and job function with precision and accuracy; realizes errors can have significant impact on desired results and is able to avoid errors in almost all circumstances; carefully monitors processes; concentrates on details and organizes and maintains a system of records.
- Design: Generates creative solutions; translates concepts and information into images; uses feedback to modify designs; applies design principles; demonstrates attention to detail.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Windows environment, Microsoft Office: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, AutoCAD, Revit, SKM.
- Required Certifications: BS Electrical Engineering, PE License