The purpose of this position is to be responsible for design, development, implementation, analysis of the design and project management of engineering systems.
Level: Graduate Engineer; 4 – 10+ Years of Experience
Department: Engineering; Reports to Mechanical Engineering Group Leader
Supervises: Not Applicable
- Perform engineering design and work in team setting, specific to Building Mechanical Systems
- Solid knowledge of applicable Building and Mechanical Codes
- Familiarity with ASHRAE Standards 62, 189, and 90.1
- Have ability to design mechanical systems, energy modeling analysis, and energy code compliance calculations.
- Prepare engineering analysis for projects, to include: preliminary design, budget analysis, duct static pressure calculations, pipe hydronic pressure calculations, duct & pipe sizing/ routing and equipment selection
- Prepare drawings and layouts; proficient in Revit and/or AutoCAD
- Prepare technical construction specifications
- Coordinate with other disciplines with both in house and outside consultants
- Perform field observations as part of the construction quality assurance process
- Assist with projects on varying degrees of involvement from Task to Lead Mechanical Engineer
- Deliver technical presentations to internal and external audiences as required as part of the design process
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Effective communication skills:Able to clearly present information through the spoken or written communication; reads and interprets complex information; listens well.
- Demonstrates technical curiosity:Able to apply fundamental science to practical solutions, as necessary; sets an example for coworkers and takes personal accountability for decisions.
- High accuracy and attention to detail:Able to perform work and job function with precision and accuracy; realizes errors can have significant impact on desired results and is able to avoid errors in most circumstances; address errors immediately when discovered; carefully monitors processes; concentrates on details, organized and maintains a system of records.
- Design:Generates creative solutions based upon fundamental science; translates concepts and information into images; uses feedback to modify designs; applies design principles; demonstrates attention to detail.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Windows environment, Microsoft Office: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, OneNote, Teams, AutoCAD, Revit, HVAC Loads & Energy Modeling.
- Required Certifications: BS Mechanical Engineering or BS Architectural Engineering with Mechanical emphasis, PE License Track.