KAI’s PM/CM staff supports our clients by acting as their trusted agent through all phases of the projects, from pre-design to close-out, by providing qualified construction managers, inspectors, constructability reviewers, schedulers, estimators and safety experts. KAI is currently seeking qualified, experienced candidates for water/wastewater infrastructure Construction Inspectors. As a Construction Inspector, you will serve as the inspector for the new construction of various water/wastewater pipeline construction.
Level: 4+ Year of Experience
Department: 360 Construction Services
Reports to: Project Manager
- Observe, inspect, and document construction activities working as an Owner’s Representative.
- Complete all Daily Inspection Reports to document that the work is being reported accurately and completely and that non-confirming work is accurately documented.
- Ensure compliance with design plans and specifications and permit requirements.
- Ensure any changes to the work made in the field are reflected on the record drawing for the project.
- Coordinate with third party materials testing firms for concrete, soil, and weld testing.
- Notify Contractors immediately of all new Change Orders, and Time and Material work; ensure tracking and signing tickets daily for all Time and Material work; ensure that Change Order work and Time and Material work is accurately documented on Daily Inspector’s reports.
- Assist Environmental, Health, and Safety Professionals with site safety verifications of the Contractor work activities, notifying contractors of, and documenting concerns.
- You will also coordinate with Client Staff, contractor, and project stakeholders during the course of the project.
- Four years’ experience in delivery of and/or supporting technical inspection work in a construction environment, specifically construction specifications, drawings, and documentation.
- Experience working with municipal agencies or utility infrastructure organizations
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Must be proficient in the use of computer to prepare reports using Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Must possess the physical ability to move around an active construction site
- The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- 4+ years of related experience
- Accreditations and certifications through ICC, ACI, AWS or other certifying organizations (Preferred but not required)
- Proficient with web base construction document management platforms (Preferred but not required)
- Team player with exceptional interpersonal skills to deliver results
- Adept at interpersonal relationship building, conflict resolution, and participating in diverse teams
- Excellent oral and written communications, self-motivation, team-oriented work practices, and problem-solving skills