KAI Enterprises is seeking a BIM Coordinator who will serve as the primary point of contact for Revit related issues, offering support and providing resolutions for our Architecture, Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing teams. This role is an integral part of our team, responsible for collaborating, planning, and resolving problems. The ideal candidate should possess excellent prioritization skills to effectively address the needs and demands of our employees. Expanding our production capabilities along with expanding our Revit library for all teams is critical.
This role will be responsible for providing expert customer support. Rare travel is anticipated to other locations for this position.
Essential Job Functions
- Lead the development, customization, and maintenance of Revit and other software standards and procedures, including standard libraries, Revit family creation, and best practices.
- Lead training programs relating to current/new releases of software and assist in reviewing new upgrades/releases of software.
- Documents KAI process relating to existing software and process to KAI’s Wiki site.
- Provide day-to-day support for all disciplines relating to AEC software issues.
- Interface with construction firms for BIM related activities in Design-Build projects and construction coordination where needed.
- Support users in developing knowledge and skills related to Revit standards and best practices and apply them to projects.
- Work with Architecture, Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing teams to identify, test and suggest ways for us to better leverage BIM technology.
- Interface with partner architecture firms to support shared use of BIM model where needed.
- Aligns point clouds to Revit models.
- Lead benchmark new software and provides feedback to leadership.
- Support various Teams on the creation of required files that are needed for the coordination of projects.
- Stay up to date on changes and updates on computer-aided facility management systems and software.
- Subject matter expert to the project team for the team regarding BIM related workflows
- Prepares materials and participates in project review meetings, quality assurance testing, and work with other vendors and departments
- May perform other job duties as directed by Employee’s Leader
- Work with internal Information Technology teams to address software updates and evaluate addins for software
Work Designation: On-Site
Work Location: This position is available in our St. Louis, MO OR Irving, TX office. A minimum of Tuesday – Thursday on-site is required per company policy.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware systems and office functionalities/interface within a corporate or large, fast-paced office infrastructure.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills with exceptional focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills.
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Fluency in the English language both written and spoken.
- Rare travel including overnight stays to other offices.
- Experience in lifecycle management of BIM.
- Experience in BlueBeam Revu / Extreme software and collaboration management in these tools.
- Familiarity with industry standards & codes.
- Knowledge of Navisworks and clash detection tools.
- Knowledge of Sketch Up, FormIT, TwinMotion, Enscape, and other 3D modeling platforms.
- Knowledge of utilizing Point clouds for content verification and creation in 3D tools.
- Experience in BIM 360/ACC suite.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in the production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and BIM.
- Skilled in using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Ability to uncover root causes to resolve complex issues and problem.
- A self-starter who is professional, teachable, willing to learn, and open minded.
- Expert research and trouble-shooting skills using specific product knowledge, system tools, and established standard operating procedures.
- A team player, courteous, pleasant to work with
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written)
- Ability to work in a team environment and demonstrate strong, proactive problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to interact with people of all technical skill levels.
- Experience with Procore Document Management.