Enhancing the church's reach into the community
St. James is a 152-year old church founded by former slaves in 1867. It is the largest predominantly African-American church in the area, with membership close to 3,700. The congregation is noted equally for its community involvement and message of inclusion for all races and beliefs. Their expansion will allow them to spread their reach into even more of the community.