Acts as the primary point of contact and liaison between the Owner/Client and design team. Responsible for the internal and external success of project design, schedule, deliverables and budgets. Facilitates a collaborative team within a multi-discipline environment and maximizes the use of resources to improve design and build collaboration, increase profit per project, and improve the value-added building strategies provided by KAI. Develops project objectives, exercises independent judgment in achieving project objectives, and manages team members to meet the Owner’s/Client’s needs. Responsible for coordinating assigned personnel and/or consultants to complete project within budget, scope of work and schedule. Responsible for: safety, client satisfaction, project budget performance, additional service requests/change orders, schedule, staffing in coordination with department directors, mobilization, quality, profit target, accounts receivable and sales.
Level: Licensed; 20 Plus Years of Experience
Reports to: VP of Architecture and Engineering
Supervises: Entry Level Project Managers
Essential Functions – Internal: Leadership / Management
- Acts according to the Company Core Values.
- Accountable for technical and design excellence, overall quality including QA/QC and constructability, and client satisfaction of each assigned project.
- Effectively communicates relevant information appropriately to all project stakeholders.
- Plans, directs, and coordinates design and engineering projects to ensure client goals or objectives are accomplished by meeting the established requirements within prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
- Has overall responsibility for private or public sector, technical, contractual, budget, and schedule activities on medium to large projects and the development of client interaction to promote continuing relations.
- Adheres to processes and procedures established by the Company.
- Responsible for management and contract performance across multiple disciplines.
- Acts as the company’s prime contact with the client and is responsible for promoting continuing relations.
- Responsible for field construction efforts, design phase services, and all subcontracting as well as participating in all major technical, cost, scheduling and performance decisions.
- Monitors and controls scope, schedule, costs, quality, communications, risks, procurement, and stakeholder engagement.
- Determines appropriate revenue / margin recognition, ensures timely and accurate invoicing, monitors receivables for project, and is responsible for collection of invoices.
- Analyzes project profitability, revenue, margin, bill rates and utilization and prepares for project reviews.
- Possesses general understanding in the areas relevant for the projects managed.
- Creates a positive atmosphere by leading, managing, and being accountable to the project team by engaging, motivating, and acknowledging the team for their contributions.
- Corrects project and team issues in a positive, proactive, and constructive manner.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change.
- Acts as project manager of proposal efforts for design, engineering or design-build, working as the internal manager, including completing project scoping and pricing.
- In coordination with the President and COO, reviews and prepares contractual agreements and modifications for projects. Communicates contract status with project controls and accounting.
- Bachelor or advanced degree from accredited College or University in Architecture or Engineering required.
- Professional registration required. This position may be required to sign/seal project documents.
- 10 or more years of experience in the profession, primarily in projects similar to KAI’s is required; experience in managing mid-sized to large-sized projects and teams required.
- Formal project management certification from PMI, DBIA, PSMJ, or similar is preferred
- Excellent written, graphic and verbal communication skills are required.
- Must be willing to travel as necessary for marketing and project work.
- Proficiency in Bluebeam, Microsoft Office Suite and A/E/C project and financial management software required.
- Working knowledge of Revit is a plus.
- Strong A/E/C technical knowledge and coordination skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build rapport and lead project teams and clients required.
- Experienced in facilitating the workflow of a team and capable of resolving conflicts.
- Leadership assessment and subsequent leadership training.
- Participation in in-house continuing education, workshops, and conferences.
- Participate in company-wide activities.
- Professional participation in presenting in-house education and professional development.
- Appropriate additional or advanced ongoing training in A/E/C industry project management software, presentation skills, BIM, and 3D Modeling software.
- Membership and Representation of KAI in professional and industry organizations.
- Participation in Volunteer Community / Civic organization(s) as KAI Ambassador.