The Senior Estimator builds effective relationships with team members, internal and external customers, suppliers, and subcontractors. This person is responsible for preparing preliminary budgets, milestone cost estimates, and final bid scope/pricing proposals for various types of commercial and residential construction projects. The Sr. Estimator plays a key role in building credibility with our customers and target customers, is resourceful, and is excited about developing win strategies using company resources/assets, subcontractor partners, and key vendors.
Level: 10 + Years Experience
Reports to: Director of Preconstruction
- Reviews and evaluates Bid Invitations and Proposal Requests.
- Determines necessary resources, effort, and assignments necessary to complete deliverables.
- Reviews estimates and schedules for completeness and accuracy.
- Reviews design documents and understands how to develop comprehensive estimates.
- Knowledgeable about construction work breakdowns, operations, means and methods, and materials.
- Quantity takeoffs, self-perform pricing, crew costing, equipment, etc.
- Ability to network with and solicit pricing from subcontractors.
- Proficient in developing conceptual, schematic, design development, and final cost estimates.
- Work and communicate effectively with the design team to identify cost saving opportunities.
- Proficient knowledge of construction sequencing, trade jurisdictions and scheduling.
- Work effectively with design team and sub-contractors in developing phasing and schedule options.
- Maintains knowledge of construction industry estimating and scheduling practices and recommends improvements, which elevate firm to a leadership position in industry
- Industry involvement. Architect and Engineer relationships. Owner relationships.
- Bachelor’s Degree Civil or Construction Engineering, Construction Management, or a similar field of study
- 10 + years Related Experience
- Industry certifications.
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to read, understand and organize construction plans and specifications
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and with minimal structure while exercising great judgment
- Strong ability to multitask, prioritize, and work well under pressure to meet established deadlines
- Strong desire to WIN