The Sales/Business Developer is responsible for sourcing, cultivating and closing business prospects related to their primary department as well as cross-selling all disciplines within the KAI Enterprise suite of businesses. As Design Sales, you will be responsible for developing new clients, maintaining existing relationships and seeking new business/project opportunities from new and existing clients specifically for architecture and interior design services. You will be evaluated on how effectively you create and close new profitable opportunities. Your metrics will also include cross-selling opportunities as KAI is a multi-disciplinary organization with diverse services lines that support each other.
Reports to: Sales & Marketing Manager
- Attend Weekly Sales/Marketing Team meetings
- Attend client pre-submittal meetings
- Client cultivation and lead internal response to client procurement documents
- Gather pertinent information to assist and land new business
- Communicate externally and internally KAI’s market leading position and strengths to potential clients and partners
- Travel within sales territory to meet prospects and clients, consultants, and partner firms.
- Conduct calls and face-to-face meetings with clients, consultants, and partner firms.
- Build and maintain relationships with new and repeat customers
- Maintain records of all sales leads and/or customer accounts on CRM system
- Educate customers on how services can benefit them
- Sell the company’s services to customers within your given territory
- Monitor the company’s industry competitors, new products, and market conditions to understand a customer’s specific needs
- Work closely with marketing department
- Generating leads.
- Meeting or exceeding sales goals.
- Preparing weekly and monthly reports.
- Giving sales presentations to a range of prospective clients.
- Coordinating sales efforts with marketing programs.
- Understanding and promoting company programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction services, engineering, business, marketing, or related field.
- 3+ years of experience in sales of Program Management, Project Management and Construction Management Services.
- Understanding of the sales process and dynamics.
- A commitment to excellent customer service.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Superb interpersonal skills, including the ability to quickly build rapport.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Able to work comfortably in a fast-paced growing environment.