KAI’s PM/CM staff supports clients by acting as their trusted agent through all phases of projects, from design to close-outs, by providing qualified construction managers, inspectors, constructability reviewers, schedulers, estimators, and safety experts. KAI is currently seeking qualified, experienced candidates to fill a water/wastewater infrastructure Project Manager position.
Responsibilities can include working on the Owners behalf to manage and coordinate new construction, and renovation of existing facilities; administering and coordinating complex facility design and construction projects from early stages through final inspections and startup to include project turnover and warranty period services; preparing Requests for Proposals, and Invitations to Bid packages; developing, monitoring, and overseeing project budgets, and dispersal of funds; working with the project design team in the preparation of construction documents, specifications, and project contract scopes of work; managing multiple construction contracts to ensure that quality projects are delivered on time and within budget.
Level: 5 to 10 Years of Experience
Reports to: President
Supervises: Project Teams
Essential Functions – Internal: Leadership/Management
- Developing initial project documents including capital budget estimates, schedules, and defining the scope of work and project management plan.
- Preparing RFQ and/or RFP packages for design and/or construction services and coordinating review with client staff.
- Obtaining/procuring survey, design, construction, QA/QC services, and related services which may be provided by consultants, contractors, or client.
- Leading the project permitting and approval process through various local, state, and federal authorities.
- Working with the project design team, and coordinating client and stakeholder reviews, and securing agreements with stakeholders.
- Recommending changes in design specifications and schedules to accommodate conditions at construction sites.
- Leading the construction contractor selection process.
- Leading the on-site CM Team including contract administration, construction inspections, and materials testing.
- Preparing and finalizing project documentation for regional, state, and federal agencies.
- Writing weekly and monthly reports of various types for distribution to client.
- Managing the project close-out, and providing follow-up actions as required during the warranty period.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or a related field, plus extensive experience in management of design and construction of capital improvement projects, existing and new facilities, or similar experience. Additional qualifying experience may substitute for the education requirement on a year for year basis.
- Five –Ten years of water/wastewater related construction.
- Adept at interpersonal relationship building, conflict resolution, and participating in diverse teams.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Registered as a Professional Engineer, or Construction Manager (preferred but not required).
- Must be proficient in the use of a computer to prepare reports using Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must possess the physical ability to move around an active construction site.
- Proficient with web base construction document management platforms.
- Excellent team player with exceptional interpersonal skills to deliver results.
- The applicant must be legally allowed to work in the United States.