KAI 360 Construction Services is seeking a qualified Assistant Project Manager to join our Program/Project/Construction Management group to manage and deliver Capital Projects on behalf of our clients. This employee is responsible for assisting Senior Program Managers with planning and directing major capital improvement projects. This includes performing basic contract administration functions, assisting with field inspections, managing architectural and engineering designs, coordinating new construction and renovation of existing projects from initial conceptual development through project turnover.
Level: 1 to 4 Years of Experience
Reports to: President
Primary Focus Will Include
- Coordinate project designs and reviewing process with client departments, stakeholders and Designer/Architect.
- Support PM in the management of proposed change orders, claims, modifications to the plans, Request for Information (RFIs), submittals, RFQs, and RFPs.
- Help prepare project-related documents (meeting agendas, meeting notes, reports, correspondence, project photos, etc.).
- Coordinate site visits to support designers and contractors in the understanding of their respective scopes on each project.
- Coordinate design review meetings where Designer/Architect presents the project to all involved stakeholders.
- Lead specific/small package items as part of the routine of project management and report to PM (scope, schedule, and cost).
- Inspect and document individual activities performed by the contractor.
- Read and comprehend contract documents.
- Prepare monthly construction estimates.
- Monitor construction progress to assure proper installation sequences and compliance with schedule and contract requirements and stated and local regulations.
- Assist in the review and modifications of schedules to identify potential scheduling problems and recommends possible solutions.
- Act as project manager as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Aviation facilities experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Architecture, or Construction Management.
- One year construction experience.
- All jurisdictional certifications as required.