KAI 360 CS is seeking a qualified Project Manager to manage and deliver Capital Projects on behalf of our clients. This employee is responsible for planning and directing major capital improvement projects/programs.
This employee will also be responsible for managing architectural and engineering design, new construction and renovation of existing facilities; administering and coordinating complex facility design and construction projects from initial conceptual development through final inspections and startup including project turnover and warranty period services; preparing Requests for Proposals and Invitations to Bid packages; developing, monitoring, and overseeing project budgets, and dispersal of funds; directing the project design team in the preparation of construction documents, specifications, and project contract scopes of work; managing multiple construction contracts to ensure that quality products are delivered on time and within budget and preparing required compliance reports for federal, state, and regional grants.
Level: 5-10 Years of Experience
Reports to: President
Supervises: Project Team
- Developing initial project documents including capital budget estimates, schedules and defining the scope of work and project management plan
- Preparing RFP packages for design services and coordinating review with client staff
- Obtaining/procuring survey, design, construction, construction management, QA/QC services and related services which may be provided by consultants, contractors or client
- Leading the project permitting and approval process
- Directing the project design team and coordinating client and stakeholder reviews and securing agreements with stakeholders
- Leading the construction contractor selection process and managing the contract
- Recommending changes in design specifications and schedules to accommodate conditions at construction sites
- Preparing and finalizing grant compliant documentation for regional, state, and federal agencies
- Managing the project close out and providing follow-up actions as required during the warranty period
- Making presentations to elected officials, executive management and citizen groups.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management, or a related field, plus extensive experience in management design and construction of capital improvement projects, existing, and new facilities, or similar experience.
- Experience managing design and construction for municipal related projects.
- Experience managing and documenting the work of designers, construction managers, and contractors.
- Using project management technologies.
- Experience working with local, state, and/or federal agencies, and others.
- Experience in Construction claims management.
- Registered as a Professional Architect or Engineer preferred.