Project Assistants within our Program Management/Construction Management Division, provide project-related administrative support for Project Managers.
Level: 5+ Years of Experience
Reports to: Sr. Project Manager
- Assist with Constructability/Biddability Review comments. Preparing the review comment form. Distribute documents for review in a timely manner. Pull comments together for review by Project Manager.
- Maintain project-specific Project Procedures Manual (PPM), and document control systems.
- Create project contact directory.
- Liaison for setting up project team with client IT for projects using their document control system.
- Maintain project records and filing, both electronic and hard copy files.
- Assist with preparation of Project Monthly Reports for submission to the client.
- Process Correspondence in accordance with PPM.
- Assist with Field Orders, Submittals, Reports, Request for Information (RFIs), Requests for Shutdown (RFSs), Request for Change Proposals (RFCPs), Work Change Directive (WCDs), Change Orders (COs), and Pay Applications.
- Record weather for the Inspector Daily Reports.
- Prepare agendas for meetings, record weekly progress meetings, and prepare meeting minutes for review, approval, and distribution.
- Compliance Monitoring of Contractors Certified Payroll and Utilization Workforce Reports. Verify that all required Certified Payroll is received each month in a timely manner.
- Verification that the Contractor and his subcontractors are following the appropriate Wage Order No.
- Prepare Compliance Monitoring Report for review by the Project Manager.
- Answer project trailer phone, taking accurate message(s) for Project Inspector, and Project Manager.
- Assist Project Manager in coordination of the project team.
- Copy and distribute documents and materials per client distribution requirements.
- Assist Project Manager in project closeout, including preparing and arranging for file storage, both electronic and hard copy.
- High school graduate, progress towards an advanced degree in business administration preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years experience in an architectural/engineering/construction firm environment
- Self-motivated, pro-active, competent in Office/Administrative procedures, and basic computer skills.
- Must have good organizational and time management skills for working multiple task assignments received from multiple sources.
- Must be willing to work occasional overtime and work under pressure to complete tasks within deadlines.
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office experience, including Microsoft Outlook, Adobe, Word, and Excel required. Internet, and Prolog experience helpful.
- Leadership assessment and subsequent leadership training.
- Participation in in-house continuing education, workshops, and conferences.
- Participate in company-wide activities.
- Professional participation in presenting in-house education and professional development.
- Appropriate additional or advanced ongoing training in A/E/C industry project management software, presentation skills, BIM, and 3D Modeling software.
- Membership and Representation of KAI in professional and industry organizations.
- Participation in Volunteer Community / Civic organization(s) as KAI Ambassador.