Emerging Professional on the path to Architectural Licensure. Performs as member of team to collaborate with design and technical team members under supervision of the project architect. Assists team in completion of assigned design or technical documentation. Able to collaborate within a multi-discipline team environment and maximize the use of resources to improve design and build collaboration, increase profit per project, and improve the value-added building strategies provided by KAI.
Level: 15+ years/AIA
Reports to: Project Architect, Project Manager
- Capitalizes on the talent and abilities of our unique multi-disciplined team environment to find strategic advantages and leverages them for project, group and firm success.
- Coordinates the work of others and clearly communicates the requirements for scope, schedule and budget for each task.
- Works as part of a digital design (BIM) team to achieve consistent results. Understands and follows the requirements of the Project BIM Execution Plan.
- Under the direction of others, contributes to the design process utilizing various BIM and 3D modeling software to prepare design presentations and documents during Schematic Design, Design Development and Construction Documents.
- Working from the design of others, assists in full documentation of design solutions and materials for client presentations.
- Produces physical building or study models and/or assist in product and technical research.
- Under the direction of Project Architect prepares architectural drawings and Construction Documents.
- Develops technical skill in documenting accurate plans, sections and details.
- Performs limited quantity take-offs for review by Project Architect or Project Manager.
- Monitors personal work schedules, reports personal progress and reports to Project Architect and Project Manager.
- Reviews and adheres to applicable drawing standards.
- Responsible for compliance with the firm’s record retention standard operating procedure for projects. Directly responsible to maintain project records and filing, both electronic and hard copy.
- Participates in site visits/existing condition verification activities as requested.
- Complies with NCARB AXP Program procedures and documentation.
- Professional degree from an NCARB accredited College of Architecture required.
- Knowledge of Architectural production practices and experience in the utilization of documentation standards required.
- Proficiency in Revit and Microsoft Office Suite required. Proficiency in AutoCAD and Navisworks encouraged.
- Experience in other 3D software graphic programs is also valuable (SketchUP, Lumion, Enscape, etc.).
- Experience with Bluebeam and Adobe Creative Suite is preferred.
- Strong written, graphic and verbal communication skills.
- Strong time management skills and ability to handle deadlines and multiple projects.
- Strong professional, academic, creative, or technical portfolio preferred.
- Developing strong presentation and organizational skills preferred.
- Capable of conceptual thinking and logical problem solving.
- Skills in working in a team setting in a design and build, collaborative environment.