Project Administrative Assistant provides essential support to both project teams and Discipline Directors. Responsible for working with and supporting project team members in the successful execution of each assigned project.
Able to collaborate within a multi-discipline team environment and maximize the use of resources to improve design and build collaboration, increase profit per project, and improve the value-added building strategies provided by KAI. Includes involvement with a project and team from the start to the conclusion of each project. Provides project-related administrative support for Project Management and the Directors. Provides non-project related administrative support for office management, human resource and financial reporting functions of the Directors. Provides Receptionist assistance/coverage as requested.
Level: 5 Plus Years of Experience
Reports to: President of Design & Engineering, Department Director, Project Manager
Territory: Midwest, Missouri
- Assists Project Managers in coordination of the project team, including the maintenance of standards and schedules. Exercises best judgment in enforcing compliance with project procedures, production standards, QA/QC, etc.
- Assists Project Managers with compliance and enforcement over the firm’s record retention standard operating procedure for projects. Directly responsible to audit and maintain project records and filing, both electronic and hard copy.
- Effectively communicates relevant information appropriately to all project stakeholders.
- Plans, directs, and coordinates design and engineering projects to ensure client goals or objectives are accomplished by meeting the established requirements within prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
- Has overall responsibility for private or public sector, technical, contractual, budget, and schedule activities on medium to large projects and the development of client interaction to promote continuing relations.
- Responsible for management and contract performance across multiple disciplines.
- Acts as the company’s prime contact with the client and is responsible for promoting continuing relations.
- Responsible for field construction efforts, design phase services, and all subcontracting as well as participating in all major technical, cost, scheduling and performance decisions.
- Monitors and controls scope, schedule, costs, quality, communications, risks, procurement, and stakeholder engagement.
- Determines appropriate revenue / margin recognition, ensures timely and accurate invoicing, monitors receivables for project, and is responsible for collection of invoices.
- Analyzes project profitability, revenue, margin, bill rates and utilization and prepares for project reviews.
- Acts as project manager of proposal efforts for design, engineering or design-build, working as the internal manager, including completing project scoping and pricing.
- In coordination with the President and COO, reviews and prepares contractual agreements and modifications for projects. Communicates contract status with project controls and accounting.
- Possesses general understanding in the areas relevant for the projects managed.
- Creates a positive atmosphere by leading, managing, and being accountable to the project team by engaging, motivating, and acknowledging the team for their contributions.
- Corrects project and team issues in a positive, proactive, and constructive manner.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change.
- Adheres to processes and procedures established by the Company.
- Perform other duties outside of the primary scope as assigned.
- Bachelor or advanced degree from accredited College or University
- 10 or more years of experience in the profession, primarily in projects similar to KAI’s is required; experience in managing mid-sized to large-sized projects and teams required.
- Excellent written, graphic and verbal communication skills are required.
- Must be willing to travel as necessary for marketing and project work.
- Proficiency in Bluebeam, Microsoft Office Suite and A/E/C project and financial management software required.
- Working knowledge of Revit is a plus.
- Strong A/E/C technical knowledge and coordination skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build rapport and lead project teams and clients required.
- Experienced in facilitating the workflow of a team and capable of resolving conflicts.
- Leadership assessment and subsequent leadership training.
- Participation in in-house continuing education, workshops, and conferences.
- Participate in company-wide activities.
- Professional participation in presenting in-house education and professional development.
- Appropriate additional or advanced ongoing training in A/E/C industry project management software, presentation skills, BIM, and 3D Modeling software.
- Membership and Representation of KAI in professional and industry organizations.
- Participation in Volunteer Community / Civic organization(s) as KAI Ambassador.