KAI Enterprises is seeking an I.T. Support Engineer who will serve as the primary point of contact for technology-related issues, offering support and providing IT resolutions, for both office and field employees. This role is an integral part of our IT team, responsible for collaborating, planning, and resolving problems. The ideal candidate should possess excellent prioritization skills to effectively address the needs and demands of our employees.
This role will be responsible for providing expert, hybrid on-site customer support. Rare travel is anticipated to other locations for this position.
- Takes ownership of tickets by offering remote and in-person technical support (Tiers 1 and 2) for incoming inquiries and concerns regarding computer systems, end-user systems, software, hardware, smartphones, telephony, printers, scanners, plotters, conference room technologies, and tablets
- Keeps end-users actively informed on the status of their tickets.
- Lead and/or participate in hardware deployments and replacements, encompassing workstations, laptops, and mobile devices.
- Office setup (Monitors, cable management, docking stations)
- Maintain accurate hardware and software inventories.
- Office 365 Support and Administration, Exchange, SharePoint (SPO), etc.
- Active Directory Administration
- Identify and escalate any issues that cannot be resolved by Tier 1/2 resources.
- Able to take initiative – Bring it to others’ attention if you see something that could turn into a problem or a better way to fix something.
Beneficial Knowledge in the Following Functions
- Network troubleshooting/Administration
- Design and refine desktop configurations.
- Device Patch Management (Laptops/Mobile Devices and Apple Devices)
- New user orientation/training
- Conference Room Administration (Teams Rooms/Crestron Systems/Barco ClickShare)
- Cyber Security Administration (MFA/Antivirus)
- Phone System/Carrier Administration/Telephony (AT&T)
- Periodic travel to jobsites to assist with setup/issues.
- Familiar using AWS and Azure environments
- Supporting phishing compliance and training
- Works with internal & external resources to resolve all issues.
Work Designation: On-Site
- We are needing to fill positions in BOTH our Irving, TX and St. Louis, MO offices. This position will be hybrid on-site. A minimum of Tuesday – Thursday on-site is required per company policy.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware systems and office functionalities/interface within a corporate or large, fast-paced office infrastructure.
- Microsoft business applications such as Office 365, Advanced Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills with exceptional focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills.
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Fluency in the English language both written and spoken.
- Rare travel including overnight stays to other offices.
- Associate degree or equivalent in Information Technology, technical related discipline, technical school, equivalent experience
- 2 years’ experience in Information Technology Support / Helpdesk
- CompTIA A+ Certification and Microsoft 365: Modern Desktop Administrator Associate
- Has a passion for IT and for providing proactive, premium customer service.
- Experience with corporate network environments
- A self-starter who is professional, teachable, willing to learn, and open minded.
- Expert research and trouble-shooting skills using specific product knowledge, system tools, and established standard operating procedures.
- A team player, courteous, pleasant to work with
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written)
- Ability to work in a team environment and demonstrate strong, proactive problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to interact with people of all technical skill levels.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Sparsely Available for off hours, nights, or weekend issues.