This individual will be responsible for developing and managing the BIM/Technology aspects for the Engineering group and coordinating with the Architectural BIM/Technology Coordinator. He/she will coordinate and work closely with Engineering Department Heads, lead engineers and a multidiscipline design team to develop and implement company BIM and Technology standards. This individual should be self-motivated, detailed oriented, and desire to implement high-quality BIM/Technology standards company wide.
Level: 5+ Plus Years of Experience
Reports to: Engineering Department Manager
- Create, prepare and maintain accurate discipline models and/or content for various projects within Revit, AutoCAD, Navisworks, and Bluebeam.
- Lead clash detection within the BIM model while working with other disciplines to resolve all conflicts.
- Provide support to the design teams by preparing equipment families, smart schedules, complex layouts, detail drawings, drawing details, sketches, control drawings, and diagrams.
- Monitor and problem solve issues with Revit and other design software.
- Author/Edit the BIM Execution Plan for every project.
- Review and implement Revit add-ons
- Work with client BIM Coordinators to resolve any model or software conflicts.
- Work with client BIM Coordinators to facility a seamless interaction between their model and ours.
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Effectively communicate information in one-on-one and small group situations with clients and other employees of the organization.
- Be able to lead the effort in assembly, organizing and deliver construction documents for project milestone submissions.
- Minimum Associates degree in: Architecture, Design Related, Information Technology, or equivalent, with 3+ years of experience in design and/or construction practice preferred.
- Three years of experience using Revit, Bluebeam, AutoCAD, and Navisworks in an engineering setting.
- Open to learning and developing Revit MEP, electrical and mechanical design skills
- Must be able to manage time effectively to meet project deadlines, work in a fast pace environment and maintain focus within an open office environment
- Overtime maybe required at certain times near deadlines
- Dynamo experience a plus
- Support software and provide periodic training to employees as needed.
Critical Skills and Abilities
- Effective communication skills: Able to clearly present information through the spoken or written communication; reads and interprets complex information; listens well.
- Demonstrates technical curiosity: Able to apply fundamental science to practical solutions, as necessary; sets an example for coworkers and takes personal accountability for decisions.
- High accuracy and attention to detail: Able to perform work and job function with precision and accuracy; realizes errors can have significant impact on desired results and is able to avoid errors in most circumstances; address errors immediately when discovered; carefully monitors processes; concentrates on details, organized, and maintains a system of records.
- Design: Generates creative solutions based upon fundamental science; translates concepts and information into images; uses feedback to modify designs; applies design principles; demonstrates attention to detail.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Windows environment, Microsoft Office: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, OneNote, Teams, Revit.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.