Manage the construction accounting group providing information, primarily financial in nature, about all company activities that will assist management, its shareholders and other users in making educated economic decisions about the company’s future.
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
Supervises: Accounting Staff
- Lead, manage and be accountable for the activities of the construction accounting group for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to, client invoices, assistance with internal and external monthly financial statements and audits and reporting required by external providers such as payroll and insurance.
- Oversee and mentor the activities of an assigned group of project accountants, ensuring the accurate and timely processing of client invoices, coordination of subconsultant invoices, proper recognition of revenue and adequate support provided to Project Managers.
- Oversee the activities of the disbursement department, ensuring the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, purchase orders, petty cash, core employee expense reports, cash control, core payroll processing and total corporate payroll tax compliance.
- Assist CFO with the monthly close process.
- Oversee the activities of the accounts receivable department to ensure the accurate and timely management of all accounts receivable aging components including billings, cash receipts application, etc; funding service management, which includes weekly funding reports and customer service; quarter and year-end payroll closing including federal, state and client mandated reports.
- Assist CFO and external CPAs with corporate income tax compliance to assure the accurate and timely completion of all corporate income tax returns taking full advantage of all favorable tax codes.
- Establish and maintain systems and controls that verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data, and enhance the company’s value.
- Support the CFO as assigned with accurate and timely work to facilitate his financial needs.
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports.
- Communicate with co-workers, management, clients and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- Ten years of hands-on accounting managerial experience.
- Experience with Construction Industry preferred.