This individual will be responsible for the BIM production of mechanical systems (HVAC and plumbing) for a variety of facilities and markets. He/she will coordinate and work closely with a lead mechanical engineer/designer and a multidiscipline design team throughout the life cycle of projects. He/she will be responsible for the development of mechanical systems models, detailing, and plan creation in BIM. This individual should be self-motivated and detailed oriented, with initiative to develop a high-quality model and deliver sound mechanical construction documents.
Level: Licensed; 6 Plus Months of Experience
Reports to: Mechanical Department Manager
- Create, prepare and maintain accurate discipline model and/or content for various projects within Revit
- Perform bi-weekly clash detection within the BIM model while working with other disciplines to resolve all conflicts
- Provide support to engineers by preparing complex layouts, detail drawings, sketches and diagrams
- Learn various mechanical system components using manufacturer’s product data sheets
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Effectively communicate information in one-on-one and small group situations with clients and other employees of the organization.
- Assembly, organize and deliver mechanical construction documents for project milestone submissions
- One-year certificate from college or technical school; or six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Revit experience required
- Basic understanding of mechanical system design within buildings
- Must be able to manage time effectively to meet project deadlines, work in a fast pace environment and maintain focus within an open office environment
- Overtime maybe required
- Willing to relocate to Dallas, Texas within 6 months of employment a plus