Process accounts payable from receipt of invoice through distribution of payment. Provide back-up to project accounting. Provide specialized support and assistance for Finance Department and Project Controls.
Level: Experienced 0-2 years
Reports to: Controller
- Process full cycle accounts payable.
- Input Accounts Payables in accounting system.
- Prepare Accounts Payable Checks
- Review and process credit card payments.
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and resolve discrepancies.
- Coordinate preparation of 1099 tax information reporting at year end and maintain W9 files.
- Maintain the billing/payables email accounts and mailbox.
- Support other accounting/finance staff as needed.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required
- Some relevant work experience in accounting, preferred
- Experience in Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable, preferred
- Basic knowledge of Accounting Software, preferred but not required
- Microsoft Office-Word, Excel (proficient)
- Strong attention to detail and an aptitude for problem-solving
- Able to proactively address potential issues
- Able to work independently with little supervision
- Reliable, trustworthy, and committed to team’s success
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks
- Able to thrive in a high-volume, deadline-driven work environment